Managing an SEO company can be challenging, especially if you have limited to no prior experience in SEO and the online marketing industry. Start-up marketing agencies, in particular, will find it difficult to break into the industry if you do not know which parts of your business to focus on. What I want to do today is to give you a primer to help get your company up and running.
Research About Your Industry and Your Market
Researching about your industry and your prospect market lets you know how you want to position your SEO business. This, in turn, will allow you to create a detailed plan of action, assign specific tasks to your people, and establish your desired outcome and target dates. It will also allow you to decide what tasks to do internally and what tasks to outsource to us. Know the latest about your industry to stay ahead of the competition. Start by reading the following previous blogs:
- Traditional Goes Digital: Why Digital Marketing Should Be Your Agency’s Next Step
- The Life Cycle of SEO – What You Should Be Doing Now
- What Your Business Needs to Know About White Label SEO in 2013
- How Do I Determine if My Company Needs a White Label SEO Partner?
- What to Look For in Your Branded Client Dashboard
Establish Your Services – and Stick to It
During the first couple of years of your business, you should focus on building your core services and establishing your SEO company as the specialist in your chosen niche. Which industry would you like to focus on, and how much do you know about their online audience? Find out what online marketing services they need the most, and where the undiscovered opportunities lie.
Once you’ve developed complete SEO services, you can come up with a strategy for launching and fulfilling campaigns. Begin by reading the following guides and adjust as you go along:
- How to Pitch Using our SEO Proposal
- How to Launch an SEO Campaign with Your Client
- How to Grow Your Revenue by Adding Our SEO Solutions to Your Portfolio
- How to Set Your Own Pricing Using Our Dashboard
- How Much Should You Charge for SEO?
Measure, Scale, Grow
Creating a system that works is well and good, but you need to update your methodology in keeping with the changing search engine algorithms and consumer demand. Establish a system of measuring your success, and keep on testing new methodologies. Schedule meetings with clients and with your employees to see what approaches are working, and which ones you should change. Below are some posts that will help you measure and scale your process:
- Starting an SEO Agency Checklist
- How to Have a Monthly Reporting Meeting
- 10 Reasons Brands Fail at Converting SEO Traffic into Revenue
- The 5 Metrics that Matter for SEO
Once you’re confident in your system, and you find that you have the resources, you can begin to grow your business. You’ll be able to add new packages, or even specialize in a new niche and widen your target market and widen your target market. Your skills at acquiring new and retaining existing customers will be useful in ensuring consistent growth. Use the following as your guides for growing your business:
- Selling SEO: How to Go From Good to Great
- How to Gain 10 New SEO Clients Per Month
- Top 5 Customer Retention Tips
- SEO Selling – Three Selling Success Tips from David Ogilvy
Contact your account manager for more tips on managing your SEO company and for assistance in any of your SEO processes. If you’re not yet our partner, don’t forget to sign up for free today. Our Partners get dedicated account managers to assist them scale their business. Visit our blog again for more updates and industry tips!